Nye -- Gateway to Nevada's Rurals

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I'm Moving to WordPress

More accurately I should say I'm in the process of trying to move this blog from Blogger to WordPress with my own domain url.

I decided to switch to WordPress because it has a lot more flexibility and features I hope to use. The idea is to improve the blog's readers use.

Moving isn't very easy I'm learning. I wanted to transfer the existing blog posts here on Blogger over to the new site for Nye-Gateway to Nevada's Rurals. For all kinds of reasons that is easier said than done.

In order to make the transfer I needed to reduce the size of this blog, which necessitated removal of all the posts from 2006 through 2008, which I have done. They have been dispatched into cyberspace.

For any of you who would like to witness whether I succeed or fail in making the move you can watch the new site as I build it or destroy it. It is also named Nye-Gateway to Nevada's Rurals and can be accessed here. See you there.

3 Comments:

Blogger ShoutMeLoud said...

Moving to wordpress is a great decision. Even i started my blogging journey with blogspot and move to wordpress. My life completely changed when I moved to wordpress and I'm loving it since then. More over I manage to get huge traffic and quite good ranking within few months on wordpress. Blogging can't be much easier then on wordpress.

Though transfer from blogspot to wordpress is a very tough job becuase you need to import your post, comment and user along with search engine traffic.

Many people make the mistake by using default import and export option and end up being penalized by Google.

The migration should be 301 perma redirection so that you will not miss your Search engine ranking and will lose traffic from search engines.

Looking forward to work with you.
I got your Email regarding enquiry of it. You can still get in touch with me admin[at]shoutmeloud.com

Regards
Harsh

May 12, 2009 at 3:46:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will not regret the move. Just curious why you have to dump so much content. When I made the move to Wordpress last June, I moved everything I had (from 2005 on).

May 12, 2009 at 3:51:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Featheriver said...

Hi Blue Lyon, long time no hear from. Glad you stopped by. To answer your question:

The reason I had to dump so much content is because I’m simply dumb. I’ve been about 3 days trying to transfer the blogger stuff into WordPress using WordPress’s “magic button” which doesn’t do the job. Couldn’t find a solution to the migration problem on WordPress, Blogger, or a Google Search.

So, being 76 years of age and wanting to get this done within my lifetime, I just “hired” some guy in India to do it for me for $80.

Hope that works.

Really glad to hear from you.

May 12, 2009 at 4:21:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home